Sunrise to Sunset
Seven days a week
Closed during hunts - Check website for dates
Phone: 843-784-9911, ext. 111 (Office)
Back in the 1800's. Pinckney Island was once owned by Major General Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, who used the land for plantation purposes.
From 1937 to 1975, it was a privately owned game preserve, before being donated to the Fish and Wildlife Service in 1975.
The decision to donate the island to the Fish and Wildlife Service was for the sole purpose of preserving it's natural beauty.
Find more information by clicking the following resources:
Website: click here
Facebook: click here
Wikipedia: click here